The Essential Legionella Control course is based on the issues that surround Legionella and Legionnaires’ disease and the history of the organism. The course outlines the means for controlling the risk of Legionella in water systems (including cooling towers, evaporative condensers and general hot/cold water systems) and how to implement a Legionella risk management program.
The course is extremely practical and interactive and will give attendees the knowledge and skills to effectively address the risks posed by the Legionella bacteria.
Who should attend:
• Health and Safety personnel
• Building and Facility personnel
• Maintenance personnel
• Senior Management
• What are micro-organisms?
• What are bacteria?
• Where do bacteria come from?
• How do bacteria grow and multiply?
• Legionella bacteria
• What is Legionnaires disease?
• History of the disease
• Symptoms of the disease
• Who is most at risk?
• Potential sources
• Possible implications of a Legionnaires disease outbreak
Prevention of Legionnaires disease
• General preventative methods
• Requirements for risk control
• Auditing and testing
• Implementing a Legionella risk management system
R1699 per person
• All prices exclude VAT.
• Travel costs are not included.
• There is a minimum of 5 attendees per session.
• There is a maximum of 20 attendees per session.
• Attendees receive a certificate and workbook.
• The course is written by qualified microbiologists and food safety auditors in conjunction with an assessor.
• Travel: R3.50 per kilometre will be charged for travel outside of Gauteng.