The Food Safety Made Easy course is designed to give learners an essential understanding of micro-organisms, food poisoning and what can be done to prevent it. It is an extremely practical and interactive course that encourages participation and aims to demonstrate rather than lecture. Videos, pictures and learners grow their own bacteria to aid understanding.
Who should attend:
• All food handlers
• What are micro-organisms?
• What are bacteria?
• How do bacteria grow and multiply?
–Food poisoning symptoms
• What is food poisoning?
• Who is most at risk?
• What are the different types and causes of food poisoning?
• How do food poisoning bacteria get into food?
–Prevention of food poisoning
• Personal hygiene
• Cleaning and sanitising
• Food temperature control
• Handling food
• Pest control
• Handling waste
1 day = R 749 per person
• All prices exclude VAT.
• Travel costs are not included.
• There is a minimum of 10 attendees per session.
• There is a maximum of 20 attendees per session.
• Attendees receive a full colour workbook.
• Attendees will receive a certificate should they pass the test.
• The course is written by qualified microbiologists and food safety auditors in conjunction with an assessor.
• Travel: R2.92 per kilometre will be charged for travel outside of Gauteng.